FAQ - FRP Advantages vs. Aluminum Composite Material (ACM)
Part of the answer to this is covered in our Company's tag line: "3D Architectural Design Solutions." Using fibreglass gives superior design flexibility which allows for the creation of complex shapes and forms, including compound curves; in other words, 3D shapes that cannot be reproduced in aluminium, steel, or aluminium composite material (ACM). In addition, FormaShape™ is able to provide a product with:
- Excellent, uniform dimensional tolerance: +/- 1.0mm or 1/16”.
- A strong and light-weight finish, by using high fibre content, which significantly reduces installation costs.
- Any finish, including urethane paints (metals, opaque, iridescent, Class A finish) with a minimum ten-year urethane UV
color-fading paint warranty. For further information on FormaShape's™ paint system, please see the answer to the
"What are the advantages of FormaShape's™ paint system
over aluminium (extrusion) coating?"
- Any texture, including smooth, dimpled, ribbed, simulated concrete, simulated wood, and non-slip.
- High dielectic strength, providing an excellent material for sensitive electrical equipment.
- A robust maintenance-free, dent-free surface, and with our BASF paint system, providing superior protection against UV, dirt,
and graffiti. On-site repairs are also cheaper as a result.
- Corrosion resistance, being a non-porous surface and water-proof.
- Compliance with fire, smoke and toxicity ratings including ASTM, EPA, NFS, UL and other standards by using specific resins and